Tuesday, November 8

30 Days of Thankfulness...Day 8

Today it is raining.  Last night we had another earthquake and a tornado warning along with the crazy rain storm moving through.  I've had only a handful of nights over the last week and a half that I have gotten 3 or more hours of consecutive sleep.  I'm tired, cranky, and stressed.  Finding something to be thankful for today was seeming impossible!  Mounting to-do lists, upcoming deadlines, and a general feeling of uneasiness have left me depleted and on auto-pilot.


And then Carter hit me.  This was NOT a good thing, he went directly to time out, but then something amazing happened...Carter started to cry and my little 1 year old Henry started to cheer him up.  Henry crawled over to Carter, then back to the office, shut the door, opened it, and crawled back out to Carter.  He did this over and over, playing peek a boo with his brother and both of them laughing hysterically!  It brightened my heart on this gloomy day to see my boys playing together and to see the compassion starting to blossom in Henry.  I can't think of something that would have been more touching or endearing to my heart this morning than hearing my boys playing together and laughing!


Today I am thankful, oh so thankful, for my children being so close in age and fostering such a beautiful friendship!

No comments: