- Gift Cards
- The best way I have found to get gift cards is through Swagbucks. All you do is sign up on swagbucks and use it as your search engine. You earn swagbucks for searches (though not everyone) and there are a variety of other ways to earn swagbucks on the site if you want to really get into it. For every 450 swagbucks you earn, you can redeem it for a $5 Amazon gift card (FYI: You can redeem these for other things or use them to enter drawings, this is just how *I* use them). I can earn 450 usually in about 2 months...it's not a lot, but it helps me get free or discounted things on Amazon.
- Another way to get gift cards is to request them as birthday or holiday gifts (I do this since I also have a Kindle and can buy books with them) and I even found a Groupon deal for a gift card to amazon (paid $10 for a $20 gift card)! You can sign up for swagbucks HERE and Groupon HERE. (Disclaimer: I do get a referral bonus if you subscribe through my links for Swagbucks and Groupon.
How has this worked for me?
Here are a few examples.
- I had had my eye on a few kitchen gadgets that I just couldn't bring myself to spend money on b/c I felt they "weren't essential", but didn't feel bad buying with gift cards. I bought a cheese planer and garlic press for free! I also bought this quirky "action figure" as a Christmas present for a friend of ours (who, incidentally, looks just like this action figure). All FREE with Swagbucks gift cards.
- I ordered 2 new wet bags and a toy hammock with a $10 off coupon I got in a magazine for any baby item through Amazon (I think it was in Baby Talk) and my Groupon card. This entire order was also FREE!
- I ordered some coconut oil (great for baking) using Subscribe and Save which got me an extra 15% off. Total purchase was $11.51 for two containers with free 2-day shipping (b/c I signed up with Amazon Mom).
- Luvs diapers (since we're using sposies while I'm in classes).
- Size 2 diapers: normally $35.54 for 228 diapers. Discounted 15% for subscribe and save, additional $15% for Amazon Mom subscribers, and free shipping (also from Amazon Mom)...brought my total to $24.88!
- Size 4 diapers: Normally $34.54 for 180 diapers. Discounted 15% for subscribe and save, additional 15% for Amazon Mom, and free shipping...brought my total to $24.18!
This has definitely helped me save money on Amazon purchases in just a few easy (and mostly free)!
This has been posted as part of Works For Me Wednesday over at We are THAT Family.