Friday, April 1

10 Years of Me

I read this really cute post on my friend Dollie's blog and though that my birthday (yes, it really is today) would be an appropriate time to post my "10 years".  Enjoy!

10 Years of Me in April

10 years ago: I honestly don't remember much from this time.  I know I was in high school, learning to drive, and getting myself into trouble.  Other than that, I don't remember a lot.


9 years ago:  I was driving, growing in my faith, and trying to figure out what God wanted me to do for the rest of my life.  This was also a time that God used to grow and stretch me in some very uncomfortable ways.


8 years ago:  I was preparing to graduate from high school, head to college in the fall, and was learning that God's will was better than my own selfish decisions.  This was also when God brought some new friends into my life that have been a wonderful addition to this day!


7 years ago:  I was welcoming my little niece, Adriana, into the world.  Enjoying college life and so sure I knew God's plans for me.  It was also around this time that God put Africa on my heart (something I'm still passionate about, but not been called to move yet).


6 years ago:  I had met, dated, and was engaged to the most wonderful man!  We were making plans for the rest of our life.


5 years ago: I moved out on my own (outside of the dorms) for the first time, was working full time at one of the best jobs I've ever had, and planning our wedding.


4 years ago:  I was finally getting close to our wedding day!  A lot happened around this time that is still difficult for me to deal with...it was a very difficult time for me though I stayed VERY busy.  I was working two jobs:  at a furniture store full time and part-time as a wedding consultant.


3 years ago:  We were living in Tulsa and had bought a house here.  This was also the time that I found out I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and was told that "most likely" I would never be able to have children.


2 years ago:  I was still mourning over the loss of my Grandpa Claude the winter before, celebrating the pregnancy we had discovered only a few weeks before, and undergoing a MAJOR change in my heart totally led by the Lord!


1 year ago:  I was a stay-at-home wife and mom!  I was still reeling a bit from losing my Grandpa Claude (the third death, three years in a row, around the holidays), excited about joining our new church, and feeling really crummy (I mean super sick when I ate anything but salad)!  This day last year we "pranked" my in-laws by telling them I was pregnant again....not knowing yet that I actually was!

No comments: