Friday, November 11

30 Days of Thankfulness...Day 11

Before I start I just want to say that this project has been awesome at making me more aware of the things I am thankful for everyday!  I'm not perfect (thankful for that!) and haven't posted everyday, but letting myself have some slack has been necessary for this hectic time in our life.


That being said...I couldn't let today go by without expressing my thankfulness for my father-in-law!




My father-in-law, Jim, has been like a dad to me since James and I started dating.  Always there to help me keep James in line (hehehe), be a good listener, and love on our kids whenever possible.  He also served our country in Vietnam.  Knowing that he served in THAT war makes me all the more thankful.  He served at a time when it was extremely unpopular, he served without thanks or recognition, and he served his country...in two tours!  He served so my husband wouldn't have to, so my kids could have the freedoms they have today, and he did it all without a big welcome party when he came home...in fact with a welcome that we should all be ashamed of!  He is selfless and will always be a hero to me.
Today I am thankful for all of our veterans who have served our country, for those aren't "veterans" but who gave their time to our armed forces, and for the freedoms I enjoy because they fought.  Thank you!


[Special thanks also to our friends Ginger, David, Josh, and my granpas for their services to our country!]

No comments: