So we had tostadas for dinner last night. Wow! It was the simplest of ingredients, but turned out SUPER yummy! We'll definitely be making these again :)
Beef and Bean Tostadas
12 corn tortillas
3 cans pinto beans, drained
1 can rotel
3 cloves garlic
1 t cumin
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning (3 T of homemade seasoning)
1/2 c water (optional)
3-4 oz velveeta, cubed
1. Lay out tortillas on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 until browned (turning at least once while baking) - approx 10 min.
2. Place drained beans, rotel, garlic, and cumin in blender and blend until combined and thin (may need to do in batches and may need olive oil to thin out a bit).
3. Brown ground beef, drain. Add taco seasoning and water. Simmer for a few minutes then add velveeta until melted and incorporated.
4. Assemble tostadas with tortilla, bean mixture, and topped with cheese/taco meat.
This turned out great! We were in a hurry or I would have made rice to go alongside. This would also make some killer nachos!
- Adding water will thin the meat/cheese mixture and stretch it a bit.
- You will probably have leftover bean dip...we had quite a bit leftover that we'll use to dip cheese taquitos in later this week.
- You could substitute regular cheese for the velveeta (it's just what I had and I'm trying not to go grocery shopping). You may need to add a bit of milk if you use regular shredded cheese.
Got the idea from two blog posts recently...one is for how to make the tostadas and the other on how to make the bean dip.